|SACRAMENTO COUNTY LIFESKILLS & ANGER MANAGEMENT GROUP|
|The Learning Tree " |
"Learn How to improve your communication skills to develope more meaningful and healthy relationships.
We have classes for everyone
* INDIVIDUALS & COUPLES
* TEENAGERS & YOUTH
* COURT APPROVED ANGER MANAGEMENT
* EMPLOYER ORDERED
* MARRIAGE & DIVORCE COUNSELING
* STRESS MANAGEMENT
* PROACTIVE LIFESKILLS CLASSES
* PARENTING CLASSES
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
Following your registration fee and payment for classes.
* Complete all six two hour 2 sessions.
* Your Certificate and a signed letter of completion is awarded at the end of the class course!
* All classes must be attended in person in order to complete the anger management classes.
* No individual counseling unless it is divorce counseling.
* COMPLETION TIME: Approximately 6 weeks
All classe are paid for in advance
* All classes paid for in advance no exceptions
* Certificates granted after required completion of all classes
* Classes meet only the basic criteria for all anger managment counseling.
* Duration for classes are 6-2 hour sessions.
* Pre-registration paid in advance of class.
* All payments made in cash or money orders, credit card.
* Online payments are accepted.
TOOLS TO COPE:
If you are living with someone who is having a hard time staying in control, you both need some tools to cope.
Parents Manage Anger Part A
Understanding Parents Good Intentions. There are four basic ways that well-intentioned parents unsuspectingly turn their children into "raging," out of control little monsters and completely destroy their own children's self-respect all in the name of love. The most popular emotional wrecking tool with parents is over-criticism. The slogan of the over-critical parent is "I'll get that kid to shape up even if it kills him! After all, its for his/her OWN good! They will thank me some day!"
Parents Manage Anger Part B
The child (victim) of the over-critical parent's "good intentions" soon starts to feel that he or she just can't do anything right! Whenever he or she falls short of perfection, they are made to feel they are a total screw up. And he now begins to feel that, since he or she has failed to live up to their parent's impossibly high standards and expectations, he doesn't therefore deserves their love and respect. A deep and dark feeling of "self-contempt" (anger at self) and worthlessness overwhelms him to the point of self-destructive behavior.
ABOUT ANGER MANAGEMENT Part A
Anger Management- Road Rage; soccer parents go nuts...it is difficult not to hear about someone "losing it." Sometimes that "someone" may be us or our loved ones. We offer anger management classes and individual therapy. Why are we losing our tempers more and in such extreme ways? We live in a fast paced society without a lot of societal constraints on behavior. The world we live in and our efforts to keep up eat away at our internal constraints and suddenly we are so angry we can't see straight.
CONTROLLING ANGER IN YOUTHS Part B
Anger Management for Youth: Stemming Aggression and Management for Secondary Level Students program teaches students in 7-12th grade to use critical skills for appropriately expressing anger.
Ways of learning to control anger can be found with the uses of games, as well as coloring and writing activities to teach kindergarten and elementary school age children to recognize angry feelings and expressions, cope with angry feelings, control their temper, and empathize with other children.
| SACRAMENTO COUNTY LIFESKILLS & ANGER MANAGEMENT GROUP|