Update Members List from Page or Office.
Since 1995, The Kiwanis Club of Safety Harbor has provided 27 FULL Doorway Scholarships to school children in the Safety Harbor community. The recipients have graduated from college. We provide these scholarships to a qualified Safety Harbor resident attending middle school at a cost of $5,500 through the Pinellas Education Foundation. The state matches the contribution and upon graduation from high school the student is eligible to fully paid tuition at any Florida state college.
For the past xx years, our club recognizes the Student of the Month at Safety Harbor Elementary and Middle Schools. Each student and family is recognized at a club meeting and receive a small award along with their name engraved on the a larger trhpouy at the school.
High School Key Club at Clearwater Center Catholic
Here is a complete list of our current club Service Projects
- Honor a Student of the Month from Safety Harbor Elementary and Middle Schools, and Safety Harbor Secondary School.
- Sponsor Doorways Scholarships (Invested approximately $60,000 in this educational program in a total of 25 full scholarships.)
- Assist in sponsoring Graduation Night party for Countryside High School graduates.
- Sponsor the Kiwanis Key Club at Clearwater Central Cahtolic High School.
- Present gifts and food for needy children at Christmas.
- Assist both Boy and Girl Scouts, upon request.
- Support the computer application & job skills class at Safety Harbor Middle School.
- Support Special Olympics at Safety Harbor Middle School.
- Purchased lighting fixtures and built entry way for Safety Harbor Museum.
- Sponsored Reading Program and donated books to Safety Harbor Elementary School.
- Support the Safety Harbor Regional Museum of History monetarily and with volunteer hours.
- Sponsor Sunrise Easter Service at City Marina.
- Read to Y.W.C.A. pre-schoolers and donate books to their library.
- Sponsor City of Safety Harbor recreational programs.
- Help finance “Paint Your Heart Out” program in Safety Harbor.
- Donate money and items to Kimberly Home.
- Donated money to Safety Harbor Elementary School for their 75th anniversary celebration.
- Financially support the Mayor’s breakfast each year. The proceeds are used for holiday food and gift baskets.
- Donate T-shirts to the Safety Harbor Middle School track teams and indoor soccer teams.
- Interesting and informative programs each week.
- Respond IMMEDIATELY to a wide variety of special needs brought to our attention.
17 of the 300 Kiwanis Clubs in Florida are located within Pinellas county
and each club would love to have your participation in "Serving the Children"
Is it time to give a little back to your local community?