Region Board Members
Asst. Reg. Director:
|Heartland Region of The Embroiderers' Guild of America, Inc.|
The mission of The Embroiderers' Guild of America is to inspire passion for the needle arts through education and the celebration of its heritage.
Whether through Chapter affiliation or as a Member-At-Large, this is your opportunity to make new friends with stitchers of all skill levels! For more information, look around this website, send us an email below or find us on Facebook by searching Heartland Region Embroidery. Heartland Region has numerous chapters in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
JOIN US !
Membership is open to all stitchers interested in
the study of various embroideries,
amateur or professional,
beginner or advanced,
regardless of age, gender, or national origin. Our youth membership is open to anyone 8-17 years of age.
| Region Announcements
- 2019 National Seminar Call for TeachersHeartland Region is seeking class teachers for the EGA 2019 National Seminar "Gateway to Stitching." Teachers are needed for mini-classes, one-day, two-day and four-day classes. If interested, please see linked information for proposal guidelines.
Gay Phillips Education Grant
Gay Phillips Report Form
New Document from the Executive Committee
Heartland Region Spring Meeting/Workshop Guidelines
Future Heartland Region Meetings
- "Come Fly With Us and Stitch" Fall Region Meeting and Workshop
October 20-22, 2017
Workshop Brochure ** Registration Form page 1 ** Registration Form page 2
Holiday Inn Wichita East, Wichita, KS
Hosted by Neeedle Arts Guild of Wichita
- "Quinsippi Sew Down" Spring Region Meeting & Workshop
April 6-8, W2018
Quality Inn & Suites, Quincy, IL
Hosted by Quinsippi Needleworkers
- 2018 Fall Region Meeting and Workshop
October 12-14, 2018
Rock Island, IL
Hosted by Mississippi River Valley chapter
- 2019 Spring Region Meeting
Date to be determined.
Hosted by Valley Junction chapter
- "Gateway to Stitching" -2019 National Seminar
October 30 - November 3, 2019
Marriott St. Louis Grand, St. Louis, MO
Hosted by Heartland Region of EGA
- Tri-State Needle Art and Quilt Show- United Methodist Church, Platteville, WI
August 11-13, 2017
Friday 9-4--Saturday 9-4--Sunday Noon-4
Sponsored by Tri-State Needlearts chapter of EGA
Cost: $4 Handicap Accessible
- Grace: a Ukrainian Whitework workshop- Taught by Terri Bay
September 16-17, 2017
Butterworth Education Center, Moline, IL
Hosted by Mississippi River Valley Chapter
Registration is still open. Registration Form
- Octoberfest Needlework Show - La Crosse (WI) Public Library
October 5 (9AM-7PM), October 6 (9AM-5PM), and October 7 (9AM-2PM)
For more information on exhibiting a piece or attending, contact the host chapter
Coulee Country Chapter of EGA
- Chapters, please send your information to webmistess.
- "Diamond Jubilee" - Louisville, KY - October 3-7, 2018
- "Gateway to Stitching!"- St. Louis, MO - October 30-November 3, 2019 Hosted by Heartland Region
|Heartland Region Scholarship|
Heartland Region is providing a $200 scholarship to any EGA member whose primary chapter is within the Heartland Region. The intent of the scholarship is to assist a member in broadening or continuing her study in an area related to needlework. The scholarship can be used for an Extended Study Program sponsored by EGA, personal research of some aspect of needlework or fiber arts conducted with the EGA Collection or at a museum or similar facility, toward cost or fees associated with travel to another country to study needle art, or other activities approved by the Education Chair and Region Director.
For details on the scholarship process review the complete Scholarship Guidelines. Click to download the Scholarship Application Form.
Newsletter Contact Information
If you would like to receive a copy of the EGA E-Newsletter from National, contact Tonya Parks email@example.com , to have your name added to the list.
The Heartland Region newsletter, Heartbeats, is available electronically to any Heartland Region member. If you wish to receive an email with the link to the newsletter, contact Marilee Sagat, editor, and she will add your name to the yahoo group.
Any changes to a member's contact information should be directed to the member's membership chair AND to Tonya Parks at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
| ||EGA Scholarships, Grants & Awards|
There are many awards and opportunities available from EGA. Detailed information is available in the Education Catalog or on the EGA website.
- Mary-Dick Digges Scholarship to study surface embroidery defined as crewel embroidery, Japanese embroidery, and stumpwork. Deadline is April 1.
- Penny Evans Memorial Scholarship for an embroidery-related class, study project or similar education offering by EGA, The Royal School of Needlework or the City and Guilds of London Institute, in the US or UK. Deadline is April 1.
- Research Fellowship Grant for in-depth research in all areas of embroidery and allied textile arts, and to create a basis for dialogue between EGA and other grand and research institutions.
Deadline is June 1.
- Bobby Pilling Memorial Award for an original piece of needlework, titled, in any technique accompanied by a short description of what inspired the piece and inspired the stitcher to go outside the line. Deadline is May 5.
- Marjorie Jones Scholarship for the benefits of students of crewel embroidery taking a crewel class at EGAs National Seminar or an EGA region seminar. Deadline is April 15.
- Gold Thread Award for a person in your chapter or region you think should be recognized for their efforts for EGA. The Gold Thread Award is given to a member of each region annually to recognize outstanding individuals who have given freely of their time and talents, and best exemplify the mission of EGA. Deadline is May 1.
Updated June 1, 2017.