Chapters & Regions
Contact your nearest Chapter for further information about becoming a member of The Embroiderers' Guild of America, Inc.
or WRITE US by using the link at the bottom of this page. Visit the chapter web sites by clicking on the underlined names.
Heartland Region Chapters
Cedar Valley, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Prairie Rose, Cedar Falls, IA
Fleur de Lis, Dubuque, IA
- Siouxland, Sioux City, IA
- Valley Junction, West Des Moines, IA
- Iowa/Illinois Mississippi River Valley, Quad Cities
- SD Prairie Stitchers, Aberdeen, SD
Contact your region for further information about becoming a member of The Embroiderers' Guild of America, Inc. Visit the region web sites by clicking on the underlined names.
The Embroiderers' Guild of America, Inc. Regions:
Recruiting Chapter Members:
- Use business cards, tri-fold brochures, display boards and bookmarks with chapter information.
- At state and county fairs, do demonstrations and/or a make-it and take-it project.
- Teach simple projects to adults & youth at libraries and schools.
- Try to obtain free promotions for chapter shows/exhibits in local newspapers and/or television.
- Have shows & exhibit at colleges and retirement homes.
- Ask local Welcome Wagon and/or Chamber of Commerce to include chapter newsletter with their information.
Retaining Chapter Members:
- Programs could include both small and large projects.
- Programs could have a stitching part one month and then add a finishing part a few months later.
- Have social meetings and be friendly to all members.
- Be sure to include newer members as officers and stagger membership on committees.
- Conduct a program survey among your members to find out their interests.
- Schedule a stitch in public day.