2015 Make a Blanket Days a Great Success!!
Our 2015 Make a Blanket Days were a terrific success and helped us collect many blankets and supplies to continue our mission of helping local children in distress.
At the two days we made and/or collected a total of 186 blankets, plus 46 skeins of yarn and 12 pieces of fleece and fabric to be made into blankets and quilts
A total of 86 people attended the two events and worked tirelessly for the children. Thanks to all for your generosity and giving spirit and for sharing your time and energy for others.
The Hudson Bergen Chapter of Project Linus has been making blankets for children in distress in our area since mid-2002. Our total blankets delivered to date is over 9300.
Where do the blankets go?
- Hackensack University Medical Center Pediatric Units
- Children’s Aid and Family Services of Bergen County
- The Children’s Hospital of Hudson County at Jersey
City Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital, Paterson
- Valley Hospital Pediatric Units & Pediatric Emergency
- Englewood Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care
- “My Stuff” Bags Foundation
Many groups are involved in making blankets for our chapter.
Many girl scout troops and youth groups are also involved in helping our chapter by making blankets, holding yarn drives and contributing supplies.
- Secaucus Blanketeers
- Ladies of Secaucus Senior Housing
- First Presbyterian Church Blanketeers, Elmwood Park
- Warren Point Presbyterian Church Blanketeers, Fair Lawn
- Need-L-Wits of Elmwood Park
- Ladies of the Wallington Senior Center
- Blanketeers of the Woodlands, Ramsey
- Blanketeers of Sunrise Independent Living, Cresskill
- Blanketeers of St. Peter the Apostle Church, River Edge
- Washington Grand Hookers, Washington Township
- Peace Through Knits and Purls - Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, Dumont
- Stanley Congregational Church - Chatham