High Bridge United Methodist Church
Charter Executive Officer:
Mary Lee Gage
Paul WyckoffScouting Partners
HIGH BRIDGE TROOP 149
Welcome to Troop 149 of High Bridge, NJ! For the past 100 years we have striven to fulfill the mission and vision statements of the Boy Scouts of America.
We've taught the scouts the importance of the Scout Oath and the Scout Law, as well as to try and incorporate them into their daily lives. Also, we've tried to instill in the scouts a sense of community, the importance of physical well-being, confidence, fun, and to love & respect the outdoors.
| Does your son like the outdoors, helping the community, and having fun with his peers? If so Troop 149 is open for boys, ages 11 - 18, to join us as a scout. Simply come to a troop meeting and sign up. For details about troop meetings please see below.
* We have a busy few weeks coming up. Please see the below for details.
* Our first campout was this past weekend (September 23 - 25) at Voorhees State Park. It was well attended with 8 scouts and 5 adults. The webelos from pack 149 joined us as well in the adjacent site where they were introduced to the patrol method of scouting. We all primarily worked on advancement requirements, which included first aid, cooking, fire building, knife & axe safety and maintenance, and plants & animals on our nature hike through the park. After dinner we went to the observatory across the street to see the stars through their various telescopes. The weather was beautiful, and a fun time was had by all.
* Our Fall Food Drive is approaching this Sunday, October 2nd from 10am-2pm. Scouts should meet at the rescue squad at 10:00 to begin setting up, after which they'll head out to their assigned areas to pick up bags. After bags are retrieved scouts will return to the rescue squad to sort & weigh the food before delivery to the pantry. For members of the community, please consider placing a bag of food outside your house for pick-up. This food drive is an important way that the local food pantry keeps it's shelves stocked.
* The troop is planning on attending the Council's ScoutFest, which is on October 7 - 9 at Hunterdon Fairgrounds. There are supposedly 3,000 scouts in attendance. It'll be a fun time to compete against other scouts from the area as well as enjoy such activities as a zip line, tomahawk throwing, paint ball, gaga pit, etc. Please sign up for the outing so the troop can plan. Also, please get your permission slips and payment in at the next troop meeting.
* A STEM Merit Badge Fair is coming on Saturday, October 22nd in Princeton. It's a great opportunity to learn 1-2 merit badges in the STEM fields of study at an actual physics lab. Please visit the registration site to sign your scout up, as well as view what merit badges are available and what prerequisites are needed. Let the troop leadership know what you've signed up for so the proper blue card can be provided.
* The pack is planning a trip to the Battleship New Jersey on November 19th, and they've invited the troop to join. It's an exciting trip to an important National Historic Landmark. Any scouts who wish to attend the overnight please let the troop leaders know so that reservations can be made. There will be an opportunity for scouts from the troop to earn the Radio Merit Badge while on the Battleship. Advance notice needs to be given so let us know if you wish to complete the Radio MB so planning can be made. Scouts are required to complete any prerequisites necessary prior to arriving at the ship.
Troop Meetings are held every Thursday night, between September and June, from 7:00pm - 8:30pm. They are held in the basement meeting room of the High Bridge United Methodist Church. The entrance is through the door in the back near Thomas Street. Meetings ARE NOT held if school is not in session that day.
Committee Meetings are held monthly on the 3rd Tuesday of the month from 7:30PM - 9:00pm. They are held in the same meeting room that troop meetings are held in. Troop parents are welcome to attend.
On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.
Troop 149's use of OrgSites.com does not constitute endorsement of any of their products or sponsors. Also, Troop 149 does not participate in RockPlaza.com programs.
|HIGH BRIDGE TROOP 149 (ESTABLISHED 1914)|
38 Church Street High Bridge, NJ 08829