School District Liaison:
Jim ThomasLinks Section
Any employee/patron of the Reedsport School District is eligible to apply for a REEF grant. The steps listed below show the process that is to take place for a grant application.
1. Complete grant application. Be sure it is the 2011-2012 application.
2. Be sure it is signed by the person applying and that it is signed by the building principal.
3. Send 7 copies to the REEF Board. The address is: REEF, P.O. Box 203, Reedsport, OR 97467
4. Grant requests of $800 or less most times do not require a justification for the REEF Board. If you are requesting more than $800, you may be asked to come to a REEF Board meeting to justify your grant application.
5. Upon granting your request, REEF brings the money to the Reedsport District Office along with a copy of the grant request. The District will then distribute that money to the involved parties.
6. Grants may be fully or partially funded depending upon the discretion of the REEF Board.
The Reedsport Education Enrichment Foundation History
The Reedsport Education Enrichment Foundation was established in the year 2000 by a group of community members and parents concerned about the academic well being of Reedsport youth. Due to the continued reductions of school funding in Oregon, the Reedsport School District has been unable to continue to offer a variety of educational activities and opportunities as it once did. Since that time REEF has been able to raise close to $200,000 for academics in the Reedsport School District.
One of the first reasons for its creation was to eliminate door to door fund raising for academic programs. It was designed to eliminate some of the economic burden our public faces.
The major fund raising events REEF engages in each year:
October: The Tom Huebner Memorial Golf Scramble
December: Sale of Western Douglas County Revisited Calendars
March: Community Recognition Dinner
REEF acquires other funds through donations, an occasional chili feed and investments.
Current board members are: Tom Huebner, Scott Lewis, Jeanne Plagmann, Pam MacRae, Jim Akre, Tricia Law, Tracie DuVal. Jim Thomas serves as liason to the school district.
Calendar Sales |
Tom Huebner Memorial REEF Benefit Golf Scramble |
Grant Information |
Grant Application |
Scholarship News and Information | Marjean Lewis Scholarship Application | Zack Turner Scholarship Application | HOME