Welcome to Your Senior Center!
The mission of the Delta Area Community Senior Center, Inc. is to establish, maintain and operate a Senior Citizen Center in the Delta area to advance the physical, social and emotional well-being of PA residents 60 years of age or older on a non-profit basis.
The center is a community facility in which older persons can make new friends, learn a skill, enhance significance, preserve dignity or just kick back and enjoy life.
The center is open Monday thru Friday from 7AM to 2 PM and there is no registration fee or dues. The Rabbit Transit Van is available for transportation to and from the Senior Center and for local trips. There is a nominal fee for this service and reservations are required.
A calendar of events is distributed monthly and can be found here. Most classes or events require pre-registration to insure adequate preparation. Sign up sheets can be found at the center.
|Benefits of Membership |
- Nutrition: A hot nutritionally balanced lunch is served daily at noon. This is provided to members free, however a donation is suggested. The menu is available at the center and you must call the center two days in advanced to reserve your meal.
- Activities: Our facility allows us to provide a wide variety of recreational activities to include bingo, pinochle and other card games, board games, creative writing, art & crafts, song, dance and live entertainment and a variety of bus trips and outings.
- Medical: A registered nurse comes every month to check weight and blood pressure and is able to answer or make referrals on medical questions. A certified podiatrist comes to the center every 9 weeks for toe nail cutting and minor foot problems. Medicare will pay for this service if you deductible is met, otherwise you will be billed.
- Exercise: Members go bowling every Wednesday 8:00—10:30 AM and every Friday from 1—3:00PM at the Lion Bowling Alley in Red Lion. Van transportation is available on Wednesdays only. The charge is $4 for three games of bowling. Shoes and balls are available at no charge. Low Impact Aerobics meets every Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 9-10:00AM with a certified instructor. Classes run on a 22 session cycle for a low fee.
- Our DEPENDable Closet: Free access to our inventory of special needs items. These items include, Depends, wheelchairs, portable toilets, shower chairs and many other “little helpers”.
- Information & Referral: The center provides information on services and discounts available to Senior residents of York County. We also provide assistance in completing forms necessary to take advantage of many programs such as property tax rebates, & PACE applications
- Notary Assistance: On the first and third Wednesday of each month, a representative from Stan Salor's Office offers free notary services and assistance with various forms.