Volunteer Meeting Schedule|
The North group routinely meets on the second Saturday of each month ( in August on the 11th here) beginning at 10AM. The South group will meet on August 18th at the Manachaca Baptist Church, as usual.
We are happy to give blankets if you know of a need. Contact Chapter Coordinator, Brenda
Where we meet in Central Texas (all chapters listed).
Even if you don't want to attend meetings, you can donate blankies! Check out our list of places you can drop off blankets.
We most need large blankets. For an easy large blanket, one layer fleece blankets of 1˝ to 2 yards of fleece finished at the edges are quick & easy (Here's how! downloadable Adobe PDF guidelines). Since these usually go to older kids, please choose age-appropriate prints and colors. And, since this is Texas, after all, we prefer single layer blankets without knotted fringe.
South Meeting Coordinator:
North Meeting Coordinator:
Bastrop Meeting Coordinator:
Jan EverettHandy Links
How You Can Help
Project Linus is a non-profit, all volunteer organization. Therefore, we are dependent upon the generosity of our community for our success. And we are profoundly grateful for the quality of the generosity we find in Central Texas.
Here are examples of ways to assist us in getting blankets to children in crisis situations:
- Parents Magazine recently named Project Linus as one of the “10 Children’s Charities That Deserve Your Support.”
Ask your employer for a donation to Project Linus.
Donation guidelines require checks to be made payable to:
Project Linus National Headquarters
Be sure to indicate on the bottom of your check the name of the chapter you are supporting ("Central Texas Chapter of Project Linus"). Eighty percent of the donation is be held on reserve for the chapter, and twenty percent will be retained for use by National Headquarters to be used at the discretion of their board of directors. Donations (there's an online form you can download) may be sent to
PO Box 1548
Belton MO 64012-1108
- Purchase gift certificates for us to craft, fabric, or office supply stores.
- Donate money online to help buy materials and/or pay for the storage rooms we maintain to hold our blanket-making supplies and our inventory of blankets. Online secure donations are accepted directly by our national organization and on that page you may specify the proceeds come to our chapter by naming the Chapter Coordinator, Brenda Kilburn, and the Chapter Name, Central Texas Chapter of Project Linus.
- Shop at Amazon using their AmazonSmile program and they will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Project Linus. A simple way to help us using the Amazon you know.
- Quilt, knit, or crochet a blanket. You may bring it to a volunteer meeting or leave it at the local retail drop-off locations. (We have links to free patterns here on the website and there are many more on the national Project Linus website. Also, Google “free quilt patterns,” “free crochet patterns,” or “free knitting patterns.” These searches yield thousands of free resources on the internet.) Ravelry.com is also a superb source for free knitting and crochet patterns. It requires a membership which is FREE.
- Sponsor a fundraiser to benefit of Project Linus. It can be a carwash, bake sale, craft sale, or competitive raffle between grades or schools.
- Sponsor a “Make-A-Blanket Day” among your peers, classmates, or church group. Contact us for info on what works best in groups.
- Spread the word about Project Linus. Get your friends, neighbors, relatives, co-workers, and church members involved.