ASPCA PET POISON HOTLINE
The ASPCA has a poison control hotline phone number for pets. This is the only dedicated animal poison control hotline in the world manned by veterinarians, not telephone operators. The number is staffed 24/7 at (888) 4ANI-HELP or (888) 426-4435.
FERAL CAT HOTLINE
If you need assistance with feral cats, please call the San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition Hotline at 210-877-9067 and leave a message.
More Interesting Links
How Can You Help?
- Adopt a pet and save a life!
- ID your pet. Place a collar and tag on your pet and/or microchip your pet.
- If you find or lose a pet, make sure you use the lost and found resources to find the pet's owner.
- Please spay or neuter your pet(s). Prevent your pets from contributing to the problem of overpopulation by having them fixed.
- Donate to your local organizations. They are short on resources when it comes to caring for so many animals.
- Volunteer with your local organizations. Volunteers are precious to this cause, but there are too few to go around.
- Foster a homeless pet! This helps your local shelter or rescue more than you can imagine! And boy is it fun!
- If you have feral (wild) and/or stray cats in your neighborhood, there are ways to humanely take care of them while at the same time preventing them from breeding through a process called "T-N-R" (TRAP, NEUTER, RETURN). If you would like to get involved, please call the San Antonio Feral Cat Coalition at 210-699-3361 or 210-490-2415.
Don't forget to check out all of the shelters and rescues in your community. Learn all about the services they provide...and pass this information on to your neighbor!
In summary, each of us can do our part. If you KNOW of anyone that needs help with the above -- or would benefit from this information, please pass along this website as a resource.