San Angelo's Local Organization
The birth of Texas Business Women of San Angelo began when Business and Professional Women/USA was founded in 1923 as a non-profit, non-partisan and non-sectarian association for working women. In June of 2010, the name was officially changed to be Texas Business Women of San Angelo.
TBW promotes equity for all women in the workplace through advocacy, education and information. We were among the first of women’s organizations to endorse the Equal Rights Amendment in 1937 and have been a leader in promoting and passing legislation affecting working women ever since.
In addition, TBW educates its members on policy issues and encourages them to become involved in policy development in their own workplaces, and in grassroots efforts at the local, state and federal government levels. Some of our members are Deputy Voter Registrars, who help to get the public registered to vote. There are a few who work the election booths. We have scholorships available for women to advance in their chosen careers and almost $6 million has been awarded to female students through scholarships, research grants and loans since 1969. TBW is the leading advocate on work-life balance and workplace equity issues, conducting research, seminars and forums on issues important to women.
Our main fundraiser for the year is to raise money for M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. Statewide, we have given millions of dollars and have actually paid for a whole wing of the hospital.
Here are some events we have held.
|1016 Visitors||About Us | San Angelo's Local Organization | Membership Information | News Flash | Photo Album | HOME | WRITE US|