| || ||1|| 2||3||4||5|
|MIDLAND COOPERATIVE PRESCHOOL|
CELEBRATING 20 YEARS! 1992-2012
We are currently enrolling for the 2012/2013 school year! Contact us via email or give us a call to request a registration packet. It's going to be a great year! Midland Cooperative Preschool is a Bates affiliated play-based preschool for children ages 1-3. Parents and children attend each class together giving you time to play and bond with your child. There is also a fantastic, parent education component built right into the 2-hour schedule. We are the only preschool in the area using this model and have been doing so for 20 years! We are supported by 2 parent educators, 2 preschool teachers, and a Bates Home and Family Life instructor. Our bright and cheerful preschool is located in the Midland area, and because of our proximity to Highway 512 we have served families from Puyallup, Graham, Tacoma, Bonney Lake and Parkland. Visitors are welcome to observe a class at any time during the school year!
| Midland Cooperative Preschool provides:
- A child centered learning environment designed to encourage the child's individual physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development.
- A parent education program allowing parents to participate in their child's learning experience.
- A rich learning environment and children's teacher trained in Early Childhood Education.
- College credits through our affiliation with Bates Technical College.
Midland Cooperative Preschool offers a 2 hour per week, play-based preschool for your child.
Every class includes the:
- Children's Teacher, who is trained in Early Childhood Education.
- Parent Educator, who facilitates a parenting discussion in an adjoining room to the classroom. Topics include: child development, self-esteem, discipline, sleep, nutrition, praise vs. encouragement, potty-training, and many more.
- Parents & kids attend each class together giving you time to play and bond with your child.
9:30-10:00 a.m. Parent/Child Play Time!
10:00-11:00 a.m. Children participate in developmentally appropriate play and activities led by the Children's Teacher, while parents have a parenting discussion facilitated by the parent educator in the adjoining room. Children are welcome to check-in/hang out with parent as much as desired...although most get pretty interested in the cool activities in the other room. Themes change weekly and curriculum includes: Science, Art, Music, Manipulatives, Puzzles, Dramatic Play, Social/Cognitive/Physical Play, Large Muscle, Fine Motor, Sensory Table.
11:00-11:15 a.m. Clean-up and Snack
11:15-11:30 a.m. Music Time (Led by Children's Teacher--parent and child participate together)
|Weekly Schedule for 2012/2013|
Classes are divided by age and meet one day per week from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Children who will be age 2 on August 31st, can be in the "Two's Class" on Wednesday or Friday
Children who will be age 1 on August 31st, can be in the "One's Class" on Tuesday or Thursday
Yearly (one time) Registration fee: $40
Quarterly Tuition (there are 3 quarters per year, 10 weeks each) : $150
Quarterly Bates Fees: $13.80
Additional Siblings per quarter: $100
10% Military DiscountNon-mobile infants are welcome to attend in a front-pack with parent and enrolled sibling for no additional fee
Midland Cooperative Preschool meets at
Lutheran Church of Christ the King
1710 85th Street East
Tacoma, WA 98445
Midland Cooperative Preschool
PO Box 73483
Puyallup, WA 98373
For more information, or to register, please email us at email@example.com or 253-906-2681
Non Discrimination Policy: Our organization will not discriminate against applicants and students on the basis of race, religion, sex or national origin. This policy includes but is not limited to racial, religions or sexual admissions, or scholarship programs. The school will not maintain separate classes, separate buildings or other separate facilities along racial, religious or sexual lines.